Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: Looking Back

Each year, I try to write a short piece to summarize the highlights of the previous 12 months. This year was filled with such extreme joy and extreme sorrow, that it's kind of tough to process and put into words.

It occurred to me not long ago that I truly understand Dickens' paradox.

Most notably, Tilly was born and my mom died. It doesn't get much more extreme than that when it comes to hope and despair.

We made ourselves at home in our new home, and we said goodbye to our beloved knucklehead of a dog, Brandy.

We traveled home to Nova Scotia in July to spend time with my family. It was much-needed therapy for me. Thankfully during that time we got to see my grandmother, Nanny Wells, because just last week, she passed away after a long battle with Alzheimer's.

2015 was the year we so beautifully completed our family when I gave birth to my last baby. It was also the year that my mother last walked this earth.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.



I have no predictions or resolutions for 2016, but I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment