Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 39- Sweet and Ordinary

Week 39 didn't bring anything exciting to the table for Nora, but there are always sweet moments among the ordinary.

On Saturday, Brad and I got to visit with Naomi for the first time since she went home. We both got to hold her, but I think she and her favorite uncle seriously bonded.


Because it's flu and RSV season, it looks like it's going to be a while until Nora gets to meet her new cousin face-to-face, but she asks every day to see pictures of "baby cousin" or "baby Naomi" on the computer. 

While we were visiting, Allison was kind enough to watch Nora, so she got to have some play time with her BFF Amelia. They ate applesauce, shared stickers, and had a Peppa Pig tea party with "birthday cake".


Allison said they shared nicely and had sweet conversations. I can't believe how much they have grown.

Over the weekend, I started swapping out some of Nora's summer clothes for fall clothes. It's still getting up into the low 80s during the day, but mornings and nights are cooler. Plus, it's October. It was time to make the switch. On Sunday, Nora got to wear one of her "new" dresses. She had so much fun spinning around and watching the skirt flare out around her. She said she was a princess. I love that little girl so much. So, while I was getting ready for church, she was spinning around in her new dress and building block towers. 


In that 2nd picture, she is trying to blow over her tower. I'm not sure where she got this idea. Maybe from the "Big Bad Wolf"? We have so much fun trying to blow down her block towers, and if we can't, she slyly pushes it down with her nose. Silly girl!

Sunday night, we decided to visit the UT campus for dinner, so I dressed her accordingly.


I wanted to get a nice picture for Brad's "Daddy's Little Volunteer" frame. I didn't quite get what we were looking for, but I thought these were pretty cute. She looks like a mini sorority girl getting ready to go to a football game. Future Chi O, perhaps, to follow in the Pratt family's footsteps? Brad says only if she gets a full scholarship because we won't be paying for her to live in campus housing. I guess we have a few years to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment