Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 40- 2.5 Years

Nora turned 2.5 years old yesterday. Today, she is closer to 3 than 2. I'm sure any parent can relate to my mixed feelings. It's hard to watch time pass so quickly and wonder if I'm making the most of each day. How long will it be before I forget what her little 2.5 year old body feels like wrapped around me or how sweet her hair smells when she is curled up on me before bed time?  I'm trying to just soak it all up like a sponge because I know the next time I blink, she will be a little bit bigger than she is right now.


We took Nora to see Disney on Ice on her half-year birthday (complete coincidence!) and we had so much fun. We stopped by one of the booths filled with Disney "stuff", and Nora picked out her very own princess. "That one", she told the cashier with confidence. I was pretty proud of her assertiveness. She's been carrying "Cindella" around with her pretty much ever since. Once the show started, she spent the first half awe-struck, much as she was when we went to see Sesame Street back in April.


She had a "moment" during the Aladdin scene that made me giggle. I can't blame her for being kind of freaked out.


I think her favorites during the first half were Nemo and when all of the princes and princesses were on the ice together.


Mommy might have teared up just a little bit during "It's a Small World". I was not expecting it to be a part of the show at all. It's definitely a favorite of mine, and I can't wait to share it with Nora when we go to Disney World in a few years.


The second half of the show brought a wardrobe change (a minor potty incident.. sigh), popcorn, and a more lively audience participant in Nora. She danced and pointed excitedly at the different characters.


Here she is waving goodbye to the whole gang.


On our drive home, Nora talked excitedly about Minnie, Mickey, and the princesses. I sat in the back with her to try to keep her from falling asleep as it was so close to nap time.


Cinderella for Nora; tiara for Mommy. I bought the tiara for her, but she refused to wear it!

Also, notice how close her head is to the top of her car seat? That means we have to turn her around. Mommy is having some anxiety about this, but at this point, it becomes safer for her to ride forward in this particular seat. I considered getting her a new seat with a higher rear-facing limit, but I don't think it's in the cards at this time, so around she goes. I think I'll go hyperventilate into a paper bag now.

No comments:

Post a Comment