Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 24- Father's Day

This weekend was Father's Day. I found this gem of a picture of my Dad and me. The caption on my Dad's Facebook says it was my first time on skates. I'm guessing I was about 3 or 4 years old, which would make it about 1980-1981, but I'm not 100% sure.


I talked to Dad for a few minutes today, which was nice, but it would have been better if I could have visited, too. There are many things that I love about living in East Tennessee, but the distance from home can be really hard sometimes. Last week, we lost Blannie- my father's father. I hadn't seen my grandfather in probably 18 years, and it makes me really sad to think about how infrequently Nora will get to see my Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad: Skype! Passports! Chop chop! xo

Anyway, nostalgia and homesickness aside, we had a really nice weekend. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Nora has the best Daddy. The things that make him the best sound ordinary, but when you piece them all together, they are the every day things that happy childhoods are made of.

We spent a lot of time at Dede and Grandpa's house this weekend. Yesterday, Brad and Nora spent some time in the pool.


At first, it looked like we were going to have a repeat of last year, but then Nora got to watch her Daddy do some sort of cannonball type dives into the pool...


She thought that was hilarious, so she decided to give the pool a 2nd chance.


She would get into the pool and let Brad swish her around a little bit. Then, she'd fuss to be let out. She would run around the patio a little bit and then back to the pool with her arms outstretched to be carried back in. It was a much more successful attempt than any previous attempts. We're hoping by the end of the summer, she'll be a little fishy.

Last night, we had a Father's Day dinner at Bo and Lea's. Nora ran herself ragged and slept like a log all night, which was exactly what Brad and I needed because she is still not completely past this weird sleep regression that we have all been suffering through.

Today, after church, we stopped by Dede and Grandpa's again to let Bella dog out because they were on a little half-day road trip. While we were there, we had lunch, and I got this adorable picture of Brad's Father's Day tie that Nora finger painted for him at church today.


Here Nora is cheesin' for the camera on our way to the car.


After our little miss had a nice afternoon nap, we headed back one more time to bring Grandpa his Father's Day cards and a few pictures we had printed off for him. While we were there, Nora was being her usual busy little self, but she was also being very sweet, giving out lots of hugs, kisses, and tickles to not only her grandparents, but also to Bella the dog. We snapped just a couple more pictures on our way out.


I hope all the Dads in our life had a Happy Father's Day. They are all loved very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment