Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week 17

(April 20- April 26)

This week was special because this week, Matilda Ann turned 3 months old! With each day that passes, her personality gets bigger (as does her smile.) She brings such joy to our family with her sweet smile and giant dimple. With her sweet giggles and her big blue eyes.

Just look!


Has it been 3 whole months since she was born? Has it ONLY been 3 months since she's been born? I know all parents understand what I mean. I can't believe how quickly time passes, but I also can't believe she hasn't been mine for my whole life.

This week, Nora also got to go to a birthday party at a bounce house. The party was for Ella. I've mentioned Ella before, but it's been a while. Brad and I met her parents, Kim and Robert, in line at the immigration office in Memphis. We were at similar points in our journey at that point, and we we bonded over our immigration woes. We found out later that we had a connection to them (Brad's mom knew Kim's mom). Eventually we found out that we were both expecting baby girls around the same time, and since then, we've kept in touch. They're actually in the process of house hunting, and they've been looking at homes near us. There's a chance our girls could end up in kindergarten at the same school, which would be pretty neat after all of the coincidences that have tied us together over the past 10 years.

Anyway, bounce house birthday party fun.


I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Nora and Ella together. Hopefully we'll be able to get the girls together again sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment