Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week 15

(April 6-April 12)

This week, we celebrated Nora's 4th birthday with a very small party. At Chuck-E-Cheese's. Confession: Growing up, I thought Chuck-E-Cheese's was fictional. I'd only ever heard of it on TV shows, and I'd never seen one in "real life", so I had no idea it was a REAL THING until I moved to Tennessee. It's a kid's dream come true and possibly what an adult's nightmares are made of ha!

While I was in Nova Scotia a few weeks ago, Nora went there with Amelia, and it was all she could talk about. Since I was a little preoccupied with dealing with the aftermath of mom's passing plus taking care of an infant, I decided that CEC would be a perfect birthday party spot because all we had to do was show up. Jessica brought a cake, and the fine folks at Chuck-E-Cheese's did the rest.


You can't tell this just by looking at these pictures, but if you know Chuck-E-Cheese's, you know that even though we didn't have to DO anything and we only invited a few people, this was anything but a relaxing time. BUT the kids had a blast, and so that's all that matters.

Another birthday celebrated. Another year when I can't believe how lucky I am that Nora is mine. Another year to fall a little more in love with my child than I was the year before. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us.

When we got home from the party, Nora and Tilly had fun "playing" together on Nora's bed.


How beautiful are our girls? How lucky are we??

No comments:

Post a Comment