Saturday, July 19, 2014

Weeks Twenty-Seven and Twenty-Eight

I am getting behind on some of these posts because it's so easy to lose track of time now that I'm on summer vacation!

During week 27, we celebrated the 4th of July with friends. We had an old-fashioned cook out in our own back yard complete with kids, dogs, fireworks, and an all-American meal of hot dogs and baked beans.

Showing off her red, white, and blue.
Sweet ride.
Too cool!
Kaitlyn says "cheese" while holding up a piece of cheese. Hardy har har!
This is Nora's reaction to the bottle rockets.
Brandy sporting her patriotic bandana.
Bailey basking in the sun.

Copper wasn't cooperative, so I have no holiday pictures of our beagle boy.

Outside of our 4th celebration, Nora and I had a "girls' day". We went to a movie, had lunch, and played at an in-door play area. The movie was Despicable Me 2, and I think the plot was a little too complex for a 3 year old, so we ended up leaving shortly before it ended. Regardless, we enjoyed our special day together. I got this picture on our way out the door. Girl knows how to do fashion. :)

Striking a pose
Bad selfie

Something else I've been enjoying on vacation are Nora's afternoon naps. There have been several days when she has fallen asleep on me in the recliner.


Sometimes I transfer her to her bed, but sometimes I just enjoy the snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment