Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week Sixteen

This week, we celebrated Easter. Oh happy day!

Nora was absolutely adamant that she wanted nothing to do with the "bunny who shall not be named" (BWSNBN). No pictures and she told me she didn't want him to bring treats to her house, either. Well, seeing as how the Easter Bunny had already gathered her treats and planned on stopping by, I figured we'd just go for it and see what happened.

When Nora woke up in the morning, I told her I thought the BWSNBN had stopped by and that we should go to the living room to check it out. She was absolutely NOT going to go to the living room in case he was still there. I had to convince her that he was gone, and then she slowly tip-toed out with me.

Her play-doh, bubble wand, and water squirt toys were all a big hit. We attempted the color-by-numbers Dora book, but her creativity simply can not be dictated by a color-by-numbers chart at this point ha! She asked if she could eat some chocolate, so we let her have one small chocolate egg, and then thankfully she was happy to get dressed for church.

We headed out to church a little earlier than usual because it was the annual "Fastest Egg Hunt in the World".

The cutest group of egg hunters around.

Nora with her "dance partner", Maddy.

Waiting patiently for the hunt to begin.

Still waiting with Sophie!

Let the hunt begin!

"No cheese!"
The kids did so great while they were collecting eggs. There were more than enough to go around. The big kids helped the little kids. There was no egg drama at all, which was nice because I heard some interesting stories this weekend from friends who went to more "competitive" egg hunts.

Unfortunately, after church, on our way to lunch, Nora got sick in the car. I thought she wasn't feeling well because Ms. Melanie from the church nursery told us that she curled up on the floor with a pillow. Then, she didn't want to dance at the end of the service. Most telling was that she didn't want to eat her sucker that she always gets after the service. Poor baby said to me in the car, "I'm so sick. It's so yucky." It broke my heart! We got her home and cleaned up, and she stayed in bed for most of the rest of the day. The only other thing she consumed was a little bit of juice, and unfortunately, she didn't keep that down either. Her fever seems to be gone, so I'm hoping her tummy will be better by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment