Monday, April 14, 2014

Week Fourteen

This week, we celebrated Nora's birthday with a party at the Little Gym. Her birthday guests were Amelia, Ella, Sophie, Levi, Jon Loran, Beckham, Culver, Liam, Fisher, and Faith. We also had her 3 year well-visit with Dr. Joe where we learned that she has grown perfectly on that same curve she's been on her whole little life. She weighs 35 lbs and is 39" tall. That puts her in between the 75th and 90th percentile for both her weight and height.

I also did Nora's first ever birthday interview this week. Her answers were sweet, thoughtful, and funny. The English teacher in me loves that she answered most questions in complete sentences.

This is Nora's first ever birthday interview:
What is your name? Nora Lyle (sounds more like Nowa)
How old are you? 3 candles on my birthday cake!
What is your favorite color? My favorite color is pink.
What is your favorite letter? My favorite letter is W.
What is your favorite number? 2!
What is your favorite animal? A cow says mooo and a pig in the mud.
What is your favorite food? My favorite food is chicken nuggets and apple sauce and yogurt.
What is your favorite book? I like the Hippo book (Hippos Go Berserk) and my Colors Book.
What is your favorite song? My favorite song is Chicken Baby (a Lyle original!)
What is your favorite tv show? I like to watch Peppa Pig.
What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is Anna and Elsa.
What is your favorite toy? I love my princess magic wand.
Who is your favorite princess? My favorite princess is Elsa.
What makes you happy? My favorite happy is mommy and daddy.
What makes you sad? I sad when I'm crying.
What is something you do well? (I had to ask this several times, several ways) Well, I don't know. (I suggest that she is good at dancing.) Yes, that is awesome! It's the Wild West! (What??? lol)

We were in her bed when I asked her these questions, so when I stopped asking Qs, she said, "I'm ready to sleep. Good night. Sweet dreams." My sweet girl.

I love my big girl so much. She is silly and sweet and sassy. She's kind and compassionate and loving. She's everything and more than I ever could have hoped for in a daughter. I'm so proud of all that she has become and all that she has learned in the past year.

This week is obviously picture heavy. Enjoy!

Discovering some of her birthday presents early in the morning:


Her regularly scheduled gymnastics class:


Back to the gym that evening for her party:


Upon arriving home after the party, she was happy but tired. Perhaps reflecting on her day?


Here are her birthday pictures we had taken at Portrait Innovations:


And finally, her traditional "orange chair" pictures:


Two wasn't that terrible after all, and while our 3 year old is definitely living in the land of the "threenager" (She says, "I do it myself!" "This is booooring." "That's the most awesome thing in the whole world!"), she's also one of the sweetest sweethearts I've ever met. I'm pretty sure we'll all come out the other side more or less unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment