Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week Nine

This week was the first full week with our house on the market. We've had no showings yet, but a group of realtors will walk through on Wednesday just to see the property and give Marcia some feedback, and next weekend, we will have an Open House. I have grand illusions of selling the house quickly, but that's not really the state of our real estate market in Knoxville right now, so I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Nora had a busy and fun-filled weekend that included a Dr. Seuss birthday celebration, her gymnastics class, the playground, and her first experience with "the ice cream truck".

One of the local YMCAs held a Seuss celebration on Saturday morning that included face painting, coloring, story time, games, plus some goodies for the kiddos to take home with them.

Every child left with a new book

Cupcakes!

Kaitlyn getting her face painted

Crayon time!

Super-sized bowling

Nora helped pick up the pins after her turn. (The "cat" was one of my former students!)

Storytime

Leaving the celebration- on our way to the gym

We stopped by Dede and Grandpa's for a quick visit before gymnastics class. At the gym today, the kids got to play on a makeshift jungle gym. It was a huge hit! It was a kid magnet for sure, and even when 6 or 7 little ones were climbing at the same time, they did a great job taking turns and watching not to step on each other.


Today, we followed our regular Sunday routine. When I told Nora we were getting ready for church, she said, "Yay! Church! Thank you, mommy!" You can't beat that reaction. After church, we had lunch with Dede and Grandpa, and then we went to the playground where Nora had her first treat from the ice cream truck. It was a defining moment in her life, I could tell. Ice cream. From a truck. At the play ground. Pure bliss. I wish I had a picture of her sitting, care-free, on the bench, with her cotton candy flavored treat. She was in heaven.

Nora didn't take a nap this afternoon, and she didn't sleep well last night. The result?


This is how I found her after I went to the kitchen to take up my dinner. I found her dinner sitting on her table, untouched. I asked her if she was going to eat, and she said, "I don't want to eat it. I'm sleeping." This was at 6:20 p.m.- about an hour ago. I transferred her to her bed and I haven't heard a peep since. She's either going to have an epic night sleep, or she's going to wake up just as I collapse into bed tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment