Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week Two

School was supposed to start back Monday, but instead, I got 3 extra days off due to weather. I don't think we've had 3 snow days in a row in the 10 years I have been here. We finally started back Thursday, so it was nice to have a super short week to get back into a routine.

Nora had a couple of play dates this week. I usually am good to take pictures, but this week I didn't. Her first one was with Kaitlyn. We spent the afternoon at her house playing, making crafts, having a "picnic", and watching "The Princess and the Frog" while eating popcorn. It was a great way to spend the afternoon of snow day #3.

Her 2nd play date was with Ella. She doesn't see Ella often. I think the last time she was her was at Ella's birthday party back in April! Ella and her mom, Kim, came to our house, and the girls played with some of Nora's new toys. It took Ella a little while to warm up since she was basically in a stranger's house, but she eventually did, and by the time we headed to Puleo's for dinner, the girls were demanding to be in each others presence. They had fun playing in the booth at the restaurant, but they were really well behaved. I hope we have a chance to get together with Kim and Ella again soon!

We finally got back to The Little Gym this week, and it was big fun, as always. We had a few new kiddos join our "Super Beasts" class, which was nice. It's a small but cozy group. Nora was kind of shy as we got started, but once it was time to explore, she loosened up and got to monkeying around. No, really. She loves hanging from the bars like a little monkey ha! Next week is the "mid year" skills presentation, and I think the kids are going to get ribbons. I expect it will be super cute.

A cute conversation I had with Nora on our way to church today...

Me: We're going to church.
Nora: Yay! Church!
Me: Who will you see at church today?
Nora: Madeleine, Jon Loran, Sophie... (continues naming all of her church friends)
Me: Do you think you'll read a story today?
Nora: Yes
Me: Who do you think the story will be about?
Nora: Jesus!
Me: Do you know who Jesus is?
Nora: Ummmm....
Me: Do you know that Jesus loves you?
Nora: Yes. I LOVE Jesus!

What a sweet little conversation with my sweet little girl.

Other accomplishments this week? We finally got the house de-decorated. I can't believe it's mid-January and we JUST took our lights down and put our tree away. Brad actually packed up several things and took them over to our new snazzy storage unit where we'll be bringing boxes of our stuff since we're getting ready to put our house on the market in about 6 weeks. We actually went to look at a house today that I'm kind of in love with, but I don't guess it will end up being "the one" since it could be many months before we are ready to actually put an offer on a house.

As for pictures this week, all I have this week are a few of Nora and Bailey, my 2 little princesses, hanging out together on my lap together. They've been bonding a little more lately, and it's cute to see them become best buds.



No comments:

Post a Comment