Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 33- Busy Bees

I made it through my first full week of school for the new school year. My classroom looks great, and my students are pretty much settled in. I'm proud of how good my room looks right now. I know it won't be long until it looks and feels like organized chaos in there, so let me just breathe in this loveliness now while I can.


Earlier this week, we took Nora to Neyland Stadium for the first time for the High School Football Jamboree. Unfortunately, things were running late, and the Roadrunners were among the last teams to play, so we had to leave before we got to see them. Still, Nora had fun being in the stadium and cheering when other people cheered.


Nora's Saturday morning social calendar was jam-packed. After her class at The Little Gym, we headed over to a local park to celebrate Madeleine's 3rd birthday. While there, the kids had a grand time playing on the playground equipment...


... and eating cake.


Madeleine is one of her church friends. She only sees her once a week, but randomly during the week, she will remind me that we need to go to church so she can play with Madeleine and learn about Baby Jesus. Nora likes to specify "Baby" Jesus because she has a book by that same name.

The party was from 10-12, so we left just in time to get Nora lunch and get her down for a nap. Here she is at home, eating her sandwich and playing with one of her letter/number toys before sleepy time.


You can't beat that smile.

Tonight, we'll head back over to the church for a potluck dinner as we celebrate "back to school". It's been a really busy week, but I know things are just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment