Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weeks 27 and 28- Home Sweet Home

Over the past 2 weeks, I had to be away for work for about half the time. My first trip was to Orlando for the AVID summer conference. It rained the entire time I was there. The conference was terrible. The food was mediocre and way too expensive. I came down with a cold the last day we were there. Our flight was delayed on the way home, and we missed our connection. We ended up renting a car and driving home from Atlanta. Needless to say, when I got home, I did NOT want to leave for my next conference just a few days later. Thankfully, the 2nd trip was much better. The TAP summer institute in Indianapolis was a big hit. Almost our entire leadership team from Austin-East attended, and we spent lots of quality time together both in and out of conference hours.


My flights were once again delayed on the way home, but I was in good company, and I knew that once I got home, I was home to stay.

Thankfully, while I was gone, Nora and her Daddy had lots of quality time, and he was so good to take pictures and send them to me while I was missing them so much. They spent a lot of time at Dede and Grandpa's house where I'm sure Nora was spoiled with crackers and cookies until her little heart was content.

Also...

Nora helped her Daddy take care of the dogs.


They took a trip to the Fort Loudon dam where Nora enjoyed looking at the water.


Something we got to do together as a family over the past 2 weeks was attend the Pratt 4th of July at the Gentry farm. Here is Nora playing with her cousin Amelia.


Finally, this weekend, Nora and I went to a 1st birthday party. This was the biggest 1st birthday party I have ever seen (not that I have been to many.) It was for one of her day care friends and Ms. Tracy's grandson, Joseph III aka 3J.  Nora was unhappy because I woke her from a nap, but once she warmed up, she had fun playing in one of the THREE bounce houses with her friends Jackson and Garrett.


I am very much looking forward to this week ahead as it is officially the first one of MY summer vacation. School starts back (for teachers) on July 29. The time is short, so I am determined to make the most of my time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment